The AAF is launching a new organization-wide public service initiative—a three-week book drive to benefit the Books for Kids Foundation, which they hope underscores AAF’s commitment to education.
The AAF is encouraging individual members from all of their clubs, as well as college chapters and corporate organizations, to donate new books appropriate for kids ages kindergarten to third grade during the drive, October 27 to November 18. The Books for Kids Foundation provides books, creates children’s libraries in underserved locations and participates in reading initiatives with community-based organizations. The majority of the organizations who receive books are public schools or day-care facilities, homeless shelters, after-school programs and community centers. Members’ participation will target nonprofit community-based organizations located across the country and in the AAF’s 15 geographic districts.
For complete information on the book drive and to download the donation form, please visit http://www.aaf.org/books.
How to Participate
- Step 1: Purchase a new book or books appropriate for kids from kindergarten through third grade.
- Step 2: Fill out this form (http://www.aaf.org/books/logform.pdf) and print it. Each individual donor from an organization must complete the form and enclose with each shipment of books. Be sure to include your club, college chapter or member organization name.
- Step 3: Mail your donation to…
- Books for Kids Foundation
- C/O Capital Moving & Storage
- 97 Burma Road
- Jersey City, NJ 07305
- Contact number: (201) 332-7510
The deadline for submissions is November 18, 2008.
All books must be shipped directly to the Books for Kids Foundation. The AAF is teaming up with FedEx to make shipping more cost-effective for our members. In order to facilitate the shipment of book donations to the Books for Kids foundation, FedEx is offering all participants a discount of up to 25% on FedEx Express® services and up to 12% on FedEx Ground® services. To take advantage of this benefit, simply go to: http://enrollpreview.visionary.com/2153/ and enter promotion code 58R5R1 or call a FedEx Association Enrollment specialist toll free at (877)-269-0605.
- The book drive does not have to be a club event. However, clubs can coordinate a group donation by collecting books at an event or a centralized location if they’d like to.
- Each individual donor must fill out the AAF’s Book for Kids donation (http://www.aaf.org/books/logform.pdf) and include it with their donation, even if the donations are being sent together by a club.
- Donations are tax-deductible at an individual level, which is why we need information from each individual donor.
- All books must be sent directly to Books for Kids Headquarters.
- If your members would like to make a monetary donation instead, they can. There is a link on the AAF Books for Kids page. Please just make sure to specify that the donation is part of the AAF drive.
- Books for Kids identifies recipient organizations after it receives books, so the AAF will not be able to “target” specific donations to organizations. The AAF will compile a list of the final recipients of the donations after the drive is completed.
- The AAF will track donations so that we can acknowledge your participation.
- Joanne Schecter
- EVP – Club Services
- American Advertising Federation
- 1101 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 500
- Washington, DC 20005
Thank you in advance for your participation and donations!
- Ad Industry
- Brand Strategy
- Creativity United
- Direct Marketing
- Public Relations
- RifRaf Exhibit
- Social Media