Calling all students, professors, and faculty!
Know any talented creatives who could benefit from getting recognized for some real-world experience? The National Student Advertising Competition is the premier college advertising competition that allows students to develop a strategic campaign for a big name in the industry. Each year, a corporate sponsor, aka the client, provides an assignment or case study based on its product history and current marketing challenges.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students to conduct marketing research, identify potential problem areas, and devise an integrated campaign for the client. So, get your team together and prepare to pitch your campaign to a panel of judges at the first round—which is district level.
Teams from our very own chapter have taken first place at the national level! Most recently:
- Ithaca College in 2019 for Wienerschnitzel
- Syracuse University in 2018 for Ocean Spray
Oh, and before we forget, the client this year is—drum roll, please—Indeed!
- Jan 20, 2022: Submission Deadline
- April 22-23, 2023: District 2 Competition
Awards & Prizes
The top three teams will be awarded trophies and cash prizes:
- 1st Place $3,500
- 2nd Place $2,500
- 3rd Place $2,000
But wait, there’s more! You can also win these awards:
- AdMall by SalesFuel – Best Use of Marketing Research Award: This award includes a $1,000 grant and a trophy and is given to a finalist team who has demonstrated the best marketing research in their NSAC presentation and plans book.
- MRI-Simmons – Inspired by Insight Award: This award includes a $1,500 cash prize and a trophy to the team with the best application of research demonstrated in their NSAC presentation and plans book.
- Ad Industry
- Brand Strategy
- Creativity United
- Direct Marketing
- Public Relations
- RifRaf Exhibit
- Social Media